View Single Post
Old 11-26-2013, 07:39 PM   #22 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

The thing is with standard bore piston, is that you dont always get control over your piston to wall clearance. Last time I ever tried a stock bore piston, it was 2004 or 2005 and a customer dropped off his 350z with some pistons he already purchased. Turned out they were already smaller than the recommended piston to wall clearance. We tried it anyway and it sounded like a diesel truck. I was so bothered by it that I refused to give the car back like that, and I rebuilt the engine again out of pocket and sent the pistons out for ceramic coating. This added enough size that we were able to set the piston to wall clearance proper. Problem solved. Car still runs to this day but I will personally never chance it with standard bore pistons again.