View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 08:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
ZCarMan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34, 13 F-150
ZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I've read a bunch of posts regarding the quality of gasoline at some stations vs others. I have a Shell station with V-Power 93 octane gas less than a mile from my house, which would be great, if I didn't have to drive past the AAFES gas station every day that's almost a full dime cheaper per gallon.

Has anyone heard anything or done any research on the gas at these stations vs the big, well-known stations? If 10 cents a gallon buys me better gasoline, or even peace of mind, I'm all for it, but if I can get quality gas on the installation for less, I'm all for that as well.
Here is some good information on TOP TIER Gasolines:

Top Tier Gasoline

You'll find Shell is one of the retailers that meet this standard. For me I can use Shell but I prefer Chevron or Texaco with Techron. At the end of the day you can use whatever gasoline you want and as long as you meet the minimum octane rating you should be okay. However, you'll likely experience decreased performance over time as the engine deposits increase depending on the additives that are used or lack thereof by the retailer.

Also, I found this posted on the net at: http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/for...46/index3.html

As far as I know the AAFES gas is simply NATO F-57 MoGas or equivalent, and the NEXCOM and MCX gas is ordinary Citgo (yup, Chavez gas – until the contract expires in 2010). Knowing that those fuels are not T/T, I add a 6oz application of Shell V-Power additive to a full 8.7 USg tank at 2,500 mile intervals (instead of 12oz into a 20g tank at 5,000 mi. intervals).

Hope that helps.

Last edited by ZCarMan; 10-29-2009 at 08:38 PM.
ZCarMan is offline   Reply With Quote