View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 04:24 AM   #19 (permalink)
Minicobra1
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Tour, Spt, 6mt
Minicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370z2 View Post
nismo suspension all the way! I have coils on the GTI and after a while its not something I like for a daily driver. Give me nismo quality suspension with a nice 1inch drop and I will be thrilled.
I agree, I've had Eibach coils on serveral cars, and they can be a little bouncy unless you get a shock that is damped properly or has adjustable damping.
The benifit is you can get your car to look great for very little money, but I'm not sure if the ride and handling is worth the trade off.
I did have a 92 mustang once with Eibach Pro Springs, they provided about 1.25 drop and worked absolutely perfect with the stock shocks, they really got that one right.

I think the Nismo shocks and struts will definitely offer a performance advantage, I just wish they had at least a 20mm drop, 15mm wont do much for getting and aggressive stance. The only other option is to go with a quality coil over, but these will be much more costly. 25mm to 30mm is what I'm really looking for. A good street set up that's just slightly stiffer and affordable, around $1000-$1200 would be good. I'm not going to be tracking this car anytime soon, and when/if I do, I'll go to a different set-up.

I called a dealer today to find out install prices on the Nismo shocks, they were quoting $475. Does that sound about right?

Braden
Minicobra1 is offline   Reply With Quote