View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013, 02:54 PM   #42 (permalink)
mults
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 (40th) #706
mults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB1 View Post
Got the PM, thanks.

Yep, I have the Berk HFC's with a stock exhaust. I'm actually surprised at how much louder this already is compared to the stock cats. I'm now trying to decide whether I want to stick with this or go for an aftermarket exhaust as well. The sound now is ok, but a bit harsh, wouldn't mind a somewhat "deeper" sound.
JB1,

I did just the opposite. I bought the Berk CBE and drove the car a while, but the sound was still too mellow. Once I installed the Berk HFC's the car note really "woke up". To me, the sound is perfect at every RPM. Nice tone at idle, great sound at full throttle, and just enough character at highway speed. No drone ever, but a little "hiss" and "burble" at decel. Sounds almost exotic at all speeds. This is a great thread, but I will have to wait until spring to get any decibel readings. We have a great sound meter at work, but with the car in storage, I'm afraid all I will get now is her snoring under the cover .
Build Date/Number: 1/27/2010 #706
Berk HFC + CBE, R2C CAI, Clear Bra, Cleveland Z Club
mults is offline   Reply With Quote