View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013, 01:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
Z&I
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '09 370z 6MT FI
Z&I is a jewel in the roughZ&I is a jewel in the roughZ&I is a jewel in the roughZ&I is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre12031948 View Post
Wait till early next spring(new radials may come out) go to a site like JEGS. Check out street/drag radials from M/T, Nitto, & Hoosier & anyone else that may offer something by spring.
Also find 2 wheels, only two in the 17"-18" size by apx. 10" wide. You can race with spacers in the front. As far as the rear, Jegs can help you get the right offset/size to fit your car, w spacers or without. Weld wheels was my choice for the slicks, but they Jegs can help you.

Get a good rear set up that can be put on your car hours/days before you go to the track. On that day JUST drive to the track with those tires/wheels on, & the stock setup in the front. If you can get a front brake lock-up system or I think you can just remove the rear brake fuse??/ then all you'll do is drive to the track, have a cup of coffee, pull into the water box first, lock front brakes & smoke the rear tires till a bunch white smoke appears in your side & back mirrors. The starter will also wave you to go forward to the starting line. Part of their job is to tell you when your ready. Lift the clutch & floor the gas at apx. 4,500 to 5,000 something rpm. Experiment. You should be able to do 1.5 to 1.7's 60' times & very good 1/4 ET's.

Not much to do at the track & do great times & have fun. Good luck. Also it sounds like you have a very nice setup....

I did that when I stated with my 08 z. If you go to dragtimes.com, browse, hit Nissan 350z. I'm on the first page(bottom) Someone made a video of my run with the exact set up I just mentioned. I didn't even hear of forums then. Soon I was told that the run 12.9 put me in the # one spot of 350z.com. I didn't know or care at that time. Had stock wheels/tires in the front....
Hey Andre ...
yep ... I'm a older guy ... LOL ... might have a year on you !
Thanks for your posts...
Did try to view your video on Dragtimes but couldn't find it ... is it still there?

In the meantime, I have been busy:

Already had the M/T DR II's on order (before reading your post) - they are now on the car and they do make a difference.

Fitted OK even with the 20mm spacers ... enough clearance but they do stick out beyond the fender...looks kinda mean.

Did go with the GTM Race Logic traction control - that's also installed but GTM didn't send the instructional CD with the package so I don't have the Launch Control set up.
Was able to figure out the basic settings and did a few preliminary tests.
Race Logic does work well and is a whole bunch better than the VDC.

Need to read the instructions once the CD gets here - and a little more time to get it dialed in tho' before taking it to the track.

Weather was not good this weekend so hopefully it will be better next weekend.

Will let you know how things go - it definitely hooks up better - but you still need skills to get it right.

Bob
Z&I is offline   Reply With Quote