View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 06:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
MacLean
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 GM Nismo # 0445
MacLean has a spectacular aura aboutMacLean has a spectacular aura aboutMacLean has a spectacular aura about
Default Clutch Issues on Nismo

I know the clutch issue has been brought up before with the 370Z. I have a 2012 370Z Nismo with almost 8,400 miles. I bought the car brand new mid April of 2012. I have never tracked/raced the car, but sometimes did spirited driving. I'm still under warranty with the car until mid April of 2014. This is not my first manual transmission car either. Oh this is not my daily driver either.

I was in San Antonio this past weekend and I went to down shift and my clutch was stuck to the floor board, and this happened twice before arriving to the hotel. The first time I had to pull the clutch up with my left hand and the second time I lifted the clutch with my left foot. The same clutch issue happened again on my way back to Houston from San Antonio this afternoon.

I know the dealership can swamp out the clutch for a new one. Do you think if the dealership was to swamp out the clutch that they would also swamp out the actually transmission if I was to make a big stink about the clutch? I'm not sure if there is air in the clutch line or not enough fluid either, but I would not know about either one of these until the car is at the dealership.

Since the 370Z is known for having clutch issues I essentially have two choices. The first choice is to have the dealership replace the clutch with a new clutch, but probably have the same issue sometime in the near future with the new clutch. The second choice is to go with an aftermarket clutch and flywheel.

I would greatly appreciate the advice from you guys on what I should do exactly.
l Meisterschaft Full Cat-Back Exhaust l F. I. Resonated High Flow Cats l Stillen Gen 3 l M370 Intake Manifold l UpRev l JWT Clutch & Flywheel l ZSpeed HD CSC l Stillen 19 Row Oil Cooler l ZSpeed Powercoated Under Tray l GTSpec: 6, 4, 2 Point Brace l
MacLean is offline   Reply With Quote