View Single Post
Old 11-21-2013, 07:42 PM   #26 (permalink)
Tigger
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Awedeeeeee
Tigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmmm... If it was rubbing I imagine the tech would have figured it out. And it is all the way across the entire front end. Kinda tells me it isn't the fender liner. I mean, I wish it was. Those are easy and cheap to replace.

So I took the shop foreman out for a drive first and then he took a tech out. But this isn't a mod-friendly dealer. I think they just wanted to get rid of me. Every time they see an aftermarket part they freak out. I think that is why they pointed to the sway bar.

A rep from Hotchkis replied to my inquiry this morning and was also questioning their conclusion. It obviously isn't the sway bar itself. That just doesn't make noise. However, I am still leaning towards a bushing issue. I wonder if the grease somehow dried up or leaked out too much over the last 8 months. I've also taken this thing to it's limits and beyond many times. I drive her pretty hard.

I think I'm going to get some new grease, the upgraded billet bushing brackets and replacement bushings from Hotchkis and the SPL endlinks and go from there. I wanted to do the upgrade anyway so it wouldn't be a loss if it isn't the issue. It'll only prove it isn't the problem and I can further isolate it. We'll see. I'll keep y'all posted. Thanks for the responses and ideas. Much appreciated.
Tigger is offline   Reply With Quote