Thread: car waxes
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2013, 01:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
TXSpeedDemon
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z, 03 MSP, R8 v10
TXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond repute

I used to use NXT, Zymol and Mother's Gold Class. All were ok.

I then switched to and have been really happy with Sonax Polymer Netshield.

It really brings out the pearl in the paint quite well. Plus the water beading is incredible. On top of that, it takes half the time to apply since I don't have to wait for it to dry and haze over. I can do the whole car in about 35 mins.

Water sheeting effect is great too, to the point that if I don't wash the car for 3-4 weeks then just leave it in the rain for 30 mins it comes out almost perfectly clean. And driving in the rain doesn't leave the car nearly as dirty. For the first 3-4 weeks after application water sheets off so quickly it takes the dirt with it. From 4-8 weeks a quick rinse with just water does the job.

I tend to reapply every 8 weeks or so since it's so easy and have been very happy with the results.

It's about $30 a can but one can has lasted me 4 coats on the Z, 1 coat on a BMW 650, and prob enough left for another 2 or 3 coats on the Z.

One other thing: It leaves my Matte Black Volks looking PERFECT. Best thing I've found to leave them with the right finish, not too shiny or dull.
TXSpeedDemon is offline   Reply With Quote