View Single Post
Old 11-21-2013, 01:12 PM   #25 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc370z View Post
Am i missing anything here? Personally i think they made a big mistake..

The targeted "audience" for the BRZ/FRS is the younger generation, like people in their early twenties.. most people that age care less about performance or power to weight ratio as long as the car looks good and sporty.

This however probably wont grab their interest as much as the FRS/BRZ.. at least not majority of them. Not saying IDX's design is bad but would you rather drive a FRS to school or an IDX?

the concept and design is pretty unique, i have to give them that
I disagree. People who aren't into cars, want simplicity and could care less about "sporty". Those people couldn't tell the difference between a Civic and a Sentra. The young crowd who want something unique, sporty, rwd and affordable will like the Nismo version. Just look at the Scion tuning crowd and this is leaps and bounds better than an Xb or Tc. I'd pick the IDX over the FRS/BRZ and would gladly drive it to school. When I see a kid in an FRS/BRZ drive one to school, I can't help but think poser/douche/wannabe racercar, ....not car enthusiast. I see a kid rolling in one of these, I think it's someone who's into cars. The target audience for the FR-S/BR-Z is ages 25-midlife crisis.

Cmike2780 is offline   Reply With Quote