View Single Post
Old 11-21-2013, 07:54 AM   #159 (permalink)
carlitos_370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Nissan 370Z SP M6
carlitos_370z has a reputation beyond reputecarlitos_370z has a reputation beyond reputecarlitos_370z has a reputation beyond reputecarlitos_370z has a reputation beyond reputecarlitos_370z has a reputation beyond reputecarlitos_370z has a reputation beyond reputecarlitos_370z has a reputation beyond reputecarlitos_370z has a reputation beyond reputecarlitos_370z has a reputation beyond reputecarlitos_370z has a reputation beyond reputecarlitos_370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_Firehawk View Post
The best long tubes are PPE's. A lot of race teams had these exact same headers. I've written a lot in the past about them if you want to do some searching. The Z1 (Momentums) are the only shorty headers that are worth spending money on. If you plan on going turbo, and stay under 550whp, don't worry about trying to buy a dual 3" exhaust. While it is true Motordyne and Fast Intentions have seen the highest gains, we are talking a few hp difference compared to others. Remember that turbos will act as mufflers too so don't be afraid to go aggressive. With the headers though, if you do get Fast Intentions, opt for the 12" at a minimum if you don't want rasp. The Motordyne exhaust should be good. be aware that header will change the pitch of your exhaust to something higher. It will SCREAM. Shovelman has vids with PPEs and fast intentions with no resonators. I have mine mated to a Tanabe exhaust and a HFC in the Y pipe. You'll notice even with completely different exhausts, you can hear similarities because we run the same headers.

The intakes imo, again they are within a few hp of eachother, especially after everything is tuned. I personally like the AAM intake design. They have a sleeve you can insert or remove to adjust the pipe size at the MAF. Once you go to get the car tuned, just remove the sleeve. As mentioned above the Stillens actually have a good rep for their intakes.

I have vids and dynos in my journal. Some newer vids are in the last few pages. Best of luck, it's like Russian roulette when trying to figure out what your exhaust will sound like when you add headers.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
Thanks a lot again bro!!! you are help me a lot in this thread and the Forced Induction Thread well im going to check out those parts... the only thing that i know for now is that im going to build my car first in N/A and in the future im going with a Turbo kit hahaha!! if i win the lottery of course im going turbo for sure hahaa!!! For now i want some power

Thanks guys or the help!!!
carlitos_370z is offline   Reply With Quote