View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 07:27 AM   #3155 (permalink)
LMBmikeZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th
LMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by simota1 View Post
( Click to show/hide )
well i woke up at 430 in the morning today... couldnt really sleep.... was so irritated and mad at the damn mufflers..... and also at myself.... i decided to try again.... this time passenger side first..... guess what.... perfect fit..... i was like wtf are you serious.....? the culprit is the driver side..... something is definitely wrong.... after messing with it for 2 hours..... i figured out the angle on the flange is the reason why its hitting my bumper....if i just bolt up the hangers (keep in mind there are two hangers on this side) everything is perfect..... the moment i tighten the bolts on the mid pipe.... it tilts the muffler to a point that its hitting the bumper..... i got to hear the mufflers though i wont lie they are decent.... i actually like them (the sound). The only thing holding me back? the tips stick out like nerf bars or truck exhausts..... they look "ok" but to me its really the deal breaker and makes the back of my z look kinda ugly from the side view.....
i have a plan though.....some cutting and tig welding to suck them in 1 1/2
I was thinking the same thing when I saw the pics in the other thread discussing these mufflers. all the need is like you say 1" to 1.5" off…

GL hope it works out for you Jon