View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 06:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
RonRizz
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2 feet, 3 pedals
RonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond repute

PP amps used to be a top-notch contender, but they fell out of favor awhile back, and quality was lacking for a few years. If I'm not mistaken, they were recently bought out by Epsilon, which also manufactures a few other names out there. Although I have heard that they were turning things around, and quality was improving, I'm personally not sold on it just yet.
To play devils advocate, the same happened with Soundstream (also owned by Epsilon) I have installed many, many of them, And run their reference series amp in my own car, and swear by them. So, I guess you never can tell.
You should do a google search about the quality of the new PP amps, and read some reviews from actual users, and make an informed decision from there.
To take one mans opinion over the internet is foolish (including mine) and not recommended. Give your purchases their due dilligence, After all it IS your money, and your ride..
P99rs Head Unit--- Amps- 2 Pioneer Prs800d --- Zapco ST1000MX---Zapco ST-4XSQ---- SI BM mk5 Subs---SI TM65v2 Midbass--- SI M3 mids--- SI M25 xbl2 tweeters ----- 2016 MECA street class 3rd place at world finals
RonRizz is offline   Reply With Quote