View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 10:57 PM   #138 (permalink)
Track Member

Drives: 2010 Nismo
122554 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1010 View Post
Not that I doubt you but my friend tried to buy his 13 Elantra and was told no. Did you have to speak to Visa beforehand or anything?
Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
My old job would charge 3% on anything over $2000 since all credit card charges come with a 3% fee to the dealer. Any points you'd get would be pointless if paying $750-1350 extra on a car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostvette View Post
Don't all credit cards charge a fee? Or did I miss something along the way?
Quote:
Originally Posted by b15 View Post
Yes, but it's dependent on the business if they pass it along. I charged $10,000 last year for a payment on the venue for my wedding because I wanted the reward points. No charges.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theDreamer View Post
Yes they do, but many places that do not typically accept CC or see little to no CC transactions will usually remove the cost and then charge the customer per transaction.
My university does this, tuition is X price but if you pay by CC they add an additional 3% to cover any CC fees.
Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
But I'm sure they up sold the car. The fee is there no matter what! No business in the universe would sell something and lose money. If you paid by CC and the fee was say $1000, then you paid $1000 more than what you could have paid. It may not be so black and white because a dealer will make money on hold back, kick backs, inventory volume, incentives to push a car, rebates etc etc you'll never see or know about. Unless your dad or something owns the dealership and pulls out all stops we'll never no a true price. And then it's still different for dealers with different volumes.
Nope, you be wrong! Negotiated the price over the phone. Told them it was a cash deal. Gave them the CC. Got the car for the price.

But in retrospect, she was cute. Perhaps she swallowed it!

I don't normally drink beer, but when I do....i drink a lot!
122554 is offline   Reply With Quote