Thread: just wondering?
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 09:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
Crash
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 02 Corvette Z06
Crash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogoodname007 View Post
sucks...eh...... the golden rule is specialization, that's where the dollars are

being a dime a dozen doesnt not help..........
Quote:
Originally Posted by frost View Post
Yeah, remember when you could get a good job just being good at computers? Not anymore! You have to specialize in network maintenance, or IT, or specific programing ... all jobs are the same way. I'm in safety, but you can't just be a safety guy anymore. You have to specialize in ergonomics, or hearing conservation, or fall safety ...

"Don't be good at a lot, be great at a little"
YEP! Exactly!

I specialize in PHP programming. I'm good at Javascript/AJAX/JSON, CSS, and HTML stuff, but when it comes down to the hardcore scripting languages, PHP is where I kick serious @ss. Back when I was doing prospecting and freelancing, I was getting paid double what other programmers were getting paid because I could do everything in half the time!

Specialization is VERY key in this market, no matter where the economy is. Until we're in a full depression, every job is needed still. There's still going to be people that are trying to save their businesses and will pay to have things done! That's where people who specialize in something can capitalize.

PHP+Javascript FTW!