View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 09:11 PM   #125 (permalink)
edconline
Track Member

Drives: 10' MB Z34 6MT T/S/N
edconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond repute

Well this is certainly a good news / bad news journal update.. Bad new first:

While taking my summer wheels and tires off to throw the winter/storage ones on, 3 of the 5 lugs on the front left rim seized up and after trying to wrench them off, the studs stripped out. So now the rim is stuck on there as 3 lugs and studs are just spinning... gonna have to drill them out and replace the studs. I haven't even tried the other wheels yet, I just stared in disbelief for a bit, then turned and left the garage and shut the door.

Once I finally get all the wheels off, I'll probably throw the stock studs back in the hubs and then next season I'll switch to some non-aluminum lugs. Either Ti or some chrome-alloy. I thought about going to the ARP studs at the same time, but I found out they are even longer than the ones I have in there, and you actually have to remove the hubs from the car to install them, neither of which I wanted.

Time for the good news - before I parked the car, I got some night shots downtown. Enjoy!