View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 06:47 PM   #16 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0velMan View Post
For your first time:

Flush brake fluid with RBF600
Get the best track pads you can afford (At least Hawk HPS for your very first time, they aren't a real track pad but will last longer than the OEM crap), Carbotech XP8 or CL RC5+ is a good track day pad.

An oil cooler is a must.

Beyond that, good tire condition, willingness to listen and learn.

You definitely don't need a diff cooler, will make zero difference at all on your car and isn't necessary until you have a clutch type LSD, and even then is useless if you aren't driving pretty damned fast, so you're talking about your 3rd or 4th track event at least, I would guess.

I'd trust advice from those of us with actual track experience with this platform, there's certainly plenty of us here to help.
Disagree. And once again I have more experience than you and half the other people on this forum. The car doesn't matter! 206 degrees driving on the highway at 75 mph in winter is my diff temp! Anyone can hit 300+ easy! And you autoX so you're the last person I'd listen to for road racing! You drive what, two minutes at a time max?! It's not only to save you from blowing them like megan370 has blown 2-3, but also to maximize what you have. If you don't believe in that logic then take your oil cooler off! Why have it on there? Who gives a **** about your motor or 260 degree limp mode then?