View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 04:29 PM   #2020 (permalink)
Alkatraz
Base Member

Drives: 2008 Skyline 370GT
Alkatraz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey1600 View Post
Haha not a bad idea, although I know the cats will be blown to bits, won't be to bad to just leave them as is

I dunno if you are running a non-standard exhaust yet, but mine is fkn loud at full revs already, don't think I'd want it any louder especially as it's my daily, moreso my girlfriend can hear me coming home from over a km away if I get into it anywhere home lol.
I'm running the Fast Intentions cat back with 12" resonators and non-resonated HFCs in my 370GT and its reasonably loud but not too bad. Ive had cops behind me at the lights before and they haven't blinked. It would obviously be a different story if I was at wot but with normal cruising its not too loud.

TP's will obviously make it a little louder but the turbos will quieten it down as well, so hopefully it doesnt change too much because i love the sound right now. I went to a skid pan day last weekend and everyone was commenting on how awesome the car sounds. Had the same comments from a bunch of V8's at the drags a month or so ago which is a pretty big compliment. Nothing sounds as good as a big, worked V8 but they liked the sounds of the little V6 enough to come and ask me about it.