View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 01:48 PM   #97 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_Firehawk View Post
I definitely like the comparisons. You're still running post maf tubes and K&N's too? The PPE's breath so well up top, if you're not running a CAI, it could be restricting it a bit. I'm thinking a lighter flywheel and pulleys will get you into the 320 range if you already do have a CAI, and maybe 330 if not :P.
Thanks!

Yep, just smooth tubes and panel filters.

I might pick up a bit more with a CAI (maybe 5-10 more?) --- I'm at 318 with STD correction, so 320 is only a curly **** hair away

I'm not really a fan of having intake filters anywhere where it could suck in water, but I do have a nice set of short rams with CNC'd velocity stacks -- those should pick up some extra power. I just need to build air boxes for them with fiberglass... Maybe a project over the holidays

I'm also not a big fan of unbalanced crank pulleys...

Actually, I'm very happy with the peak power gains and sound!

I'm more irritated by the low end dip in torque, which was not expected.

I'm thinking its probably due to less than ideal valve timing (which we didn't tune yet) between 4 and 4.5K, but I'll probably play a bit more with fueling and spark soon to confirm that its simply not just a matter of that. Do you know what your target AFR's and advance values are around there? Slightly leaner (13.0) or richer (mid 12's) didn't seem to make a reliable difference, but maybe I'm missing something obvious...

Speaking of low end grunt, didn't you have the M370 IM? I believe they have longer (but wider) runners, which should bump up peak torque and move it a bit lower in the rev range -- that might be a killer combo with the PPE's.

Last edited by Jordo!; 11-18-2013 at 01:58 PM.
Jordo! is offline   Reply With Quote