View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013, 07:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
cv129
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nismo, 16 Nismo
cv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond repute

The more interesting stuff here:

11/1/13 - Added another VQ to the family, 2010 G37s AE. Good change from my bare bone Z. Good grunt, more comfortable than the Z, wife loves it.

11/2/13 @ approx 20,500 miles - Dropped off Z at Vorshlag Motorsports.

They specialize in suspension and related fabrications. Some may recognize this name from their camber plates and/or LSx swaps into E36 and Miatas. The owner also runs a TT3 S197 Mustang. However, I think they are largely unknown within the 370z community.

They have posted a detail writeup, link below. It's about 20 miles from where I live and work, and it would be impossible for me to visit during business hours due to traffic, so I'm glad they captured some of the progress.

Wai Wong's Nismo 370Z(ed) - Vorshlag Motorsports BMW (M3, E36, E46, E92), Evo, Mustang, Project Car and Racing Events Gallery.

I gave them as much time freedom as possible, and eventually got the car back after about 7 business days. Quick recap of things done:
  • SPL front camber arms
  • SPL rear camber arms
  • SPL rear toe arms
  • SPL toe lockout kit
  • JRZ RS1 coilovers
  • Strengthen rear shock tower
  • Corner balancing and alignment

Some things:

Car ended up 1 inch lower. I initially wanted about 1/2 but we did agreed on ride height would be pending their assessments on shock travels.

I decided to go with stock alignment at this point. Car won't see track duty for another year or so, and based on my previous impression with the new tires setup, plus where and how I drive it, I rather be on the safe side (understeer).

Bought the RS1's back in April when Forged Performance had a special promotion going on, about a 40% discount, that's why I took the plunge. They sat in my bedroom for over 6 months before finally seeing action lol. I didn't want to, nor did I feel the need to, change the suspension on the Z, but the pricing was once in a lifetime deal for me and I couldn't pass it up. And to do it right, I dived further and got the necessary arms.

Would love to get the bushings too, but price (parts and labor) would be a bit much. I'll wait till this car racks up 40 or 50k miles and then revisit. I figure the bushings will be somewhat worn enough to justify a bushing change.

Last edited by cv129; 11-17-2013 at 08:21 PM.
cv129 is offline   Reply With Quote