View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013, 05:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
cv129
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nismo, 16 Nismo
cv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond repute

Always wanted to know what the car puts down at the wheels. Curiosity came from my feeling that the car was a bit faster when temperature was cool. I usually drive the car at night or early morning (before and at sunrise) during weekends, so the few occasions when I drove it under the hot sun in the afternoons, I sensed differences.

8/10/13 @ 19xxx miles - Baseline dyno @ Cobb Plano. 10am appointment, about 10:25 when the car was strapped and ready. Ambient temp was high 80's, and slowly getting a hotter as the sun really hit. Car was at full operating temp when the dyno session started (coolant temp at the normal position, oil temp at 180F). Hood was closed during the consecutive runs. Trying to mimic real life day to day condition as much as possible.

3 pulls for $65 in case anybody wonder.

Result = 281whp, 231lb/ft, AWD Mustang Dyno. Bone stock (except for oil cooler and fluids). Yes it has oem style paper air filter still.

Chatting with a MS3 owner while waiting for my appointment, I mentioned that I am using OEM paper air filter, he didn't believe me at first. He started laughing after he asked the second time, and I gave him the same answer, told me "c'mon man at least put a K&N drop-in". Soon after, I bought a slightly used pair from member Riptide67. Very timely and responsible communications from Derek for a smooth transaction.

Last edited by cv129; 11-17-2013 at 07:18 PM.
cv129 is offline   Reply With Quote