View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013, 11:33 AM   #11 (permalink)
Junkman2008
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Junkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaudiofanat View Post
... Polishing twice a year can really cut down on how much clear coat you have.
That's like saying that you can die from driving fast, without defining what "fast" is. What an elderly person may consider fast could be slower than the posted speed limit. Driving slower than the posted speed limit could get you killed in a large city.

It depends on the polisher and polish that you are using, as well as your technique. I may touch up my paint 10 times a year, but I am only using a very light polish and finishing pad, along with the PC because that's all the power I need. So you really can't make a blanket statement like that without defining exactly what is being used.