View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013, 09:23 AM   #9 (permalink)
bigaudiofanat
Car Audio Installer

Drives: 2012 Infiniti G37x
bigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Yahoo to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Skype™ to bigaudiofanat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
Just bought a new 370z and have some newbie questions on keeping it clean.

In the FAQ sticky it recommends a full exterior detail 2x/yr. What do you do and how often in between those full details?

Do I have it right that a full exterior detail is 1) shampooing 2) claying 3)waxing 4) polishing?

So what do I do to maintain the wax and polish? Do you simply hose it down and microfiber dry once or twice a wk to maintain the wax? Or do you wash soap as well?

Thanks
A great questions to ask. A full detail depends on a few things in the year of driving. Have you worn off your wax? How well do you maintain a clean car properly meaning not introducing new swirls. and so on. I myself because I pickup very few new swirls in a year will only do a light polishing and a full 2 day detail once a year. With a nice in depth washing/cleaning a few times a year without any polishing or claying. The rule of thumb is you should keep your hands off your paint as much as possible and keep it as nice as possible to the point your happy with it. Polishing twice a year can really cut down on how much clear coat you have. Even when I do a full detail I only go after the spots that need swirl correction or get marring from claying. I wish my car at least every other week, once a week if it gets bad as it does sit outside, with 2 bucket method and foam gun to insure I keep scratching and swirls to a min.

As for what products you use can also effect what your results are. I prefer uber from detailers domain over adams as I have used them both.
https://www.facebook.com/Dynamicmobileaudio/
bigaudiofanat is offline   Reply With Quote