View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 10:31 PM   #17 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slow370 View Post
304 wouldn't do that unless it was hella thin, this probably 406 or another 400 series, i have a set of gtm test pipes purchased back in march of 09 and they are still shiny. the scariest thing to me is that the weld was good it was all the tube around the weld that fatigued and broke, meaning weld it back on and it will fail again, also yes they forgot to drill the hole for the j tube before they welded it definitely the cause of the SES light, drill a 3/8 in hole in it into the tube before you weld it back on, or just throw these things out, also a brace to the tube would help too.
See if its magnetic, that will answer that. And yes, a brace is a good idea for any of these long J tube O2 things! And I just reread and "he" drilled the hole. Interesting. A tune would delete the code anyways so no need to drill it out if you get one. Actually you just need to buy the license for like $180 and have a tuner turn the code off if you can't afford a tune right now.

Last edited by synolimit; 11-15-2013 at 10:35 PM.
synolimit is offline   Reply With Quote