View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 01:06 PM   #15 (permalink)
ResIpsa
Track Member

Drives: 09 RACING HEN
ResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond repute

Ok. The car is finally done and the price was exactly what they quoted me ($900). Everything looks really good save for one issue that is partially my fault. I asked the cage builder to use the harness bar as the seat back brace (as required for my aluminum ultra shield seat) and this resulted in the bar being mounted too low for the proper shoulder strap angle. Now I know that this is within NHRA specs and proper in drag cages.

Luckily, this can be cheaply and easily fixed by welding in a section of tube between the main hoop and cross brace. I could have done it right away but I really wanted to get my car back and I had a bet with my wife that it would be done today (she thought it would be another 2 months…). Anyway I had always intended to use the stock seat belts for street driving (because it is actually illegal to drive on the street with a harness). I will make sure this gets done before my first track day.

I am picking up the Z after my wife gets off of work at 4:00 p.m. I will have pictures later tonight.

Last edited by ResIpsa; 11-19-2013 at 04:49 PM.
ResIpsa is offline   Reply With Quote