View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 09:54 AM   #8 (permalink)
ltullos
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2016 Nismo Tech MT
ltullos is a jewel in the roughltullos is a jewel in the roughltullos is a jewel in the roughltullos is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meulen View Post
Do you have to cut or modify any visible part of the cubby bezel or door?
No cutting whatsoever. My #1 design objective was to make this completely bolt-in without having to mod any existing pieces for the mechanical mounting. This has been my biggest challenge as I've had to do several iterations to overcome some non-obvious interference issues to mate properly. For the door, I removed the latch mechanism essentially retaining the outer shell and attached two 1/2" niobium magnets; but I could easily restore it to the original condition.

For the electrical connections, I have spliced into the power feed to the triple guage cluster to access 12V (always on), 12V switched by ignition, and ground to feed the programmable power supply which enable me to keep the tablet powered for delay after ignition is turned off. I also wired in an audio cable to the radio to provide a rear aux input for my USB DAC which turned out to be very simple to do. These are the ONLY mods needed.
ltullos is offline   Reply With Quote