View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 01:04 AM   #54 (permalink)
Z&I
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '09 370z 6MT FI
Z&I is a jewel in the roughZ&I is a jewel in the roughZ&I is a jewel in the roughZ&I is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre12031948 View Post
Like if you're willing to change front & rear wheels/tires at the track or you would rather get a set of drag/street radials (rear only) & just drive to the track then just drive back home.

Now I believe you're super charged with apx. 500 h.p. What trans? gears? suspension?

It would have been better/easier if you learned before the mods. Anyway need more info.

Friday night or Sunday at Atco, I might go for the last time. My concern is rain on Sunday & both days will have very high humidity.
I've been building the car for about 3 years now...just get that need for speed every now and then if'n you know what I mean.
Love to do quick little pick ups here and there when it's safe.
Mostly rolling spurts from 2nd, 3rd, and into 4th...backing off at about 110 or so.
It was my dd up until this past year.

Used to race when I was a kid ... when a 15 second 1/4 was a really really fast time...Corvettes, GTO's, Hemis, and Super Sports were running in the 15's and 16's.

Got the urge to track it a few weeks ago and am now on a mission to eventually get in to the 11's

Best run at Island Dragway (NJ) was 13.02 @116 mph with a 2.0 60'
The other runs were 13.1 @ 115 ... never got under 2.0 60' times

No traction and had to nurse it until I was able to shift into 3rd because of the wheel spin and hop...not fun

Track temp was in the 40's...(summer tires ... ugh)

Did as much research as possible ... and a lot from this site ... not too many Z's around here.

Came up with the need to further research the ABLS and yaw sensor and the effects it has on 1/4 mile.
(?) It is my understanding thus far, that the ABLS is not disabled by turning off the VDC and will pulse the brakes during wheel spin.
Verified this at Broadway Performance Speed Shop - by attempting a controlled burn out and hitting the brakes after releasing the clutch and creating the spin.
The rear wheels went in to a stutter mode when the brakes pulsed.
The ABLS seriously inhibited the ability to do a burn out.
I guess this is why the drifters don't like the ABLS

The Z is a Base/Sport and has:

6MT trans / ACT clutch

Stillen SC'r with a little over 8 lbs. of boost

PPI Long Tube Headers

Quaife LSD - 4.08 final drive I believe (I should know but I don't) ... will have to double check on that one though - installed within a few months of the SC'r because of the traction problems even back then.

HKS exhaust/cat delete

Custom Tune by John Nouri - Broadway Performance in Passaic NJ

Stock Suspension - not lowered - Almost 57k miles on the car now
Don't know if it's time to replace it...has seemed to be OK

Stock 19" Rays with 285/35/19 Michelin PS II's
I do have 20mm spacers all around though

Am considering the GTM Race Logic TC with launch control as a means of stabilizing and standardizing the launch...
Not intending to rev it till it sputters and pops tho' but rather give that extra bit of buffer during hard acceleration.

Any and all input on that would also be appreciated as well ...

I do have an extra set of 19" OEM rear wheels and the next logical step would be to Slap on the M/T's ...
The M/T's are a bit taller by about a 1/2" and have about 3/4" wider sector width than the PSII's.
The 20mm spacers were a good idea at the time ... :-) ... made the PSII's look good ... hence the fitment question.
Would like to avoid having to change the wheels at the track tho'

Thanks,

Bob
Z&I is offline   Reply With Quote