View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 06:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
ArtVandaleigh
Base Member

Drives: 09 PW 370Z
ArtVandaleigh has a reputation beyond reputeArtVandaleigh has a reputation beyond reputeArtVandaleigh has a reputation beyond reputeArtVandaleigh has a reputation beyond reputeArtVandaleigh has a reputation beyond reputeArtVandaleigh has a reputation beyond reputeArtVandaleigh has a reputation beyond reputeArtVandaleigh has a reputation beyond reputeArtVandaleigh has a reputation beyond reputeArtVandaleigh has a reputation beyond reputeArtVandaleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzan View Post
I reside in Chicago and am looking to buy the new 370Z but I am not planning on driving the car it in the snow. I have no idea how to take care of the car in the winter. Do I drain out the oil? Do I lift the car from the ground so the tires don’t sit on the ground? What do with the fuel? Any replay is appreciated as loon as you know what you are talking about.

Thanks

Many people have their own methods, but when I stored my 350 for a winter (5 months) all i did was slap a battery tender on it and make sure it had fresh oil before the cover went on, full tank of gas as well. Didnt touch it til spring and it fired up no problems. Granted it was stored in a heated storage area, but besides making sure the fluid levels and tire pressure were fine, I had no issues afterwards. A few guys at work who store cars have used this method for many years without problems, they actually were against the driving it every 2 weeks deal.
ArtVandaleigh is offline   Reply With Quote