View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 07:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
ocfoilist
Base Member

Drives: 09 Blue 6m 370zT/S/N
ocfoilist is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys. Someone mentioned that it could also be the throwout bearing. Is there any way to diagnose this problem without first dropping the transmission?

So far, this started about 1 month ago with my clutch pedal getting spongy for about half of the travel distance of the petal. My clutch engagement depth was much lower than normal. But it would come and go with no apparent pattern (wasn't worse with heavy use). Then, on Wednesday it went almost all the way to the floor (perhaps 1" above the floor) and was difficult to get into gear. At that time I checked the fluid and the level was normal and it was not boiling. Since then, the condition has not improved and it is just barely drivable (if I push the clutch pedal firmly all the way to the floor it will grudgingly go into gear). I don't see any fluid leakage, either. The pedal will snap back up when I pull it out with my foot but immediately drop back down to just above the floor with the slightest pressure.

Last edited by ocfoilist; 11-14-2013 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Misspelled pedal - doh!
ocfoilist is offline   Reply With Quote