View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 04:31 PM   #36 (permalink)
Masterbeatty
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: the speed limit...
Masterbeatty has a reputation beyond reputeMasterbeatty has a reputation beyond reputeMasterbeatty has a reputation beyond reputeMasterbeatty has a reputation beyond reputeMasterbeatty has a reputation beyond reputeMasterbeatty has a reputation beyond reputeMasterbeatty has a reputation beyond reputeMasterbeatty has a reputation beyond reputeMasterbeatty has a reputation beyond reputeMasterbeatty has a reputation beyond reputeMasterbeatty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
I'm sorry, I'm not following your math. The sport package is a $3k option, not $9k.
You are correct! But ...... I bought a year old car (2011)in May of 2012 and the new base model was $32k plus 3k. So that's where I got the 9 k from. Remember the prices dropped for 2014 370z's.

But still performance aspect is marginal IMO and experience. The only big difference I would say is that the auto sport is significantly faster than a sport base in a drag race,(LSD and faster shifts). That i will argue, I was smoked by one in the 1/8th mile when I lived in San Diego. But other than that the difference can be argued both ways.

Also for 3 grand I can get a better LSD, brake pads, brake fluid and some puma's and perform better than a base plus sport and pay for one or two track days or
an oil cooler. If you plan on buying it to upgrade that anyway than I would say get a base to not waste any money. So function over form. Personal preference/ wallet size.