View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 04:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Tempestz
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 10-370Z-MB-7AT
Tempestz is a jewel in the roughTempestz is a jewel in the roughTempestz is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elan View Post
So with my set up (Short-tails + K&N), I should be running about 285whp and 230 torque. Makes me feel better about my simple and cost efficient upgrades. Going to get some Z1 MAF filters next. Hopefully bump it up to 290!
Yours being a nismo your should be 285-290 from the factory. Your setup should put you close 300.

Holy- I did notice a little difference after the mods, mainly in response. But it is enough to edge a 12.929 @ 108 in the quarter. So hopefully you can see the difference.

But hey for an easy $500 you can get +~20whp. So it's definately a nice bump for what you pay. Only thing I noticed was a lost a measly 1ftlb of tq with the short tails, which is NOT enough to notice.

I'm just glad I had the time and a shop to do this so people can kinda see how the short tails and the drop ins/post maf fair up with our cars. I'm installing some bumper intake ducts soon. And I no longer have the short tails, so hoping for a little more next time I go to the dyno.

Last edited by Tempestz; 11-14-2013 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Typo
Tempestz is offline   Reply With Quote