View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 02:39 PM   #42 (permalink)
axmea?
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: WELL ZED PW 6MT
axmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by /Angelo350Z/ View Post
Despite the polarizing reaction of Z enthusiasts when the Z34 came out, Nissan was definitely going in the right direction. Not only did they build a superior car than the HR Z33 in every way, but they also kept the price tag in the 350Z territory. The problem is, the Z33 actually improved through the years. It received 2 exterior changes, an interior upgrade, and 2 other engine improvements. My '08 HR Z feels such an upgrade compared to my '04 DE Z. I doubt we can say the same between the '09 and '14 Z.
Totally agree with you but isn't there only so much that you can do with this car while keeping price competitive? They could have squeezed in turbo or a bigger motor but that would jack it up taking it out of reach for a lot of people. Also, weren't there signs of waning sales and interest making it a tough call for Nissan to improve.

>MyZ's Album< NISMO Convert/ECUTEK/Takeda CAI/F.I. HFC NR CB Carbon/F.I. 34 Row Oil Cooler/4.08 Final Drive /Powertrix+Swifts/Hotchkis/SPL/Whiteline/TWM/Zoom Engineering/EVO-R/AeroJacket Vented CF Fenders + CF Spoiler/Avant Garde-WORK/NST/Morimoto Halo/STi Clear Lenses/Carbon Signal Automotive/RJM Performance/ZSpeed Clutch Flywheel CSC delete
axmea? is offline   Reply With Quote