View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 01:53 PM   #46 (permalink)
FortuneLSX-TT
Base Member

Drives: 10 NismoTT MB M6
FortuneLSX-TT has much to be proud ofFortuneLSX-TT has much to be proud ofFortuneLSX-TT has much to be proud ofFortuneLSX-TT has much to be proud ofFortuneLSX-TT has much to be proud ofFortuneLSX-TT has much to be proud ofFortuneLSX-TT has much to be proud ofFortuneLSX-TT has much to be proud ofFortuneLSX-TT has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunk View Post
I am not saying you CANT... I am only saying you cant on 18-19" drag radials with this car... CURRENTLY. I am working towards a fix for that.

But yes, with a dedicated drag setup, proper alignment and slicks... ya for sure these cars can hook up great. Its just that its not what people in this community want. They want a full street car to hookup something closer to like what a vette or a viper can do on street tires. They can do it because of their different suspension profiles that do not camber 30 degrees when you try and launch!

If we can get the typical 60's down to 1.7-1.8 on normal 18" drag radials... it will be epic for the 370z scene because all of a sudden we will start seeing people get more excited about drag racing. As it stands, its really damn frustrating to even bother with how poor these cars hook up without full slicks. We need solutions that dont involve changing the rear brakes and putting on 15-16" wheels... and suddenly we will see a greater number of Z owners taking their cars to the track.
If you need testers I will volunteer!
The last time I went to the track I felt like I was just racing to see what kind of trap speed I could get. Granted, I know the car wasn't going to do great at the track and that's not what its set up for. It'd still be nice to get a decent launch in.

As for "generally totally reasonable". You are right you can get used to 5-600rwhp very easily. Since my Z is my daily and it has over 30k boosted miles, I now consider 500rwhp completely "normal" for driving around town to get groceries.
GTM TT, OS Giken GT clutch, Greddy Ti-C, Z1 test pipes, Hawk HP+ pads, steel braided brake lines, ZSpeed CSC, 34r oil cooler, CSF radiator, HKS EVC 6 boost controller, Whiteline sways, Swift Springs, Kinetix adj camber package, Osiris UPrev tune
FortuneLSX-TT is offline   Reply With Quote