View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 01:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
KyleBucket
Base Member

Drives: '14 Mercedes CLA 250
KyleBucket is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to KyleBucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEpointfive0 View Post
Man, if you're out of warranty... It's a shítshow... Your guess is as good as anyone's. Good luck. Use the forum. Tell us if you notice something weird while driving.
So yeah, took the receipt to Nissan. Luckily, the guy I spoke with knew my parents so he was being straight with me instead of the typical dealership BS. They, of course, want to hook it up to their machine for the $130. Understandably so though because it would give the specific code. The AutoZone one says (could be any):

Ignition System Fault
Fuel System Fault
Large Vacuum Leak
MAF Sensor Fault
O2 Sensor Fault

Now, the one thing I remember is when I filled my tank last week, I randomly remember hearing the cap click twice. I typically do three. But I just let it be. A couple days later, the SES light comes on. SO, after reading about the SES light and some possible fixes I saw a lot people recommending it may just be that. So, I tightened it 7-10 last night. Fast forward to today and the AutoZone reading, right after the reading the light was gone. Irony? Or maybe me tightening the cap was the trick? The Nissan guy said "he could've reset it while doing the reading" and I said I understand that, however I went back in afterwards and told him the light went off and the guy seemed shocked (as in he didn't manually do it).

SO, I'm hoping it was just that. The car literally has driven no different. The Nissan dude recommended me just keep driving it and if nothing changes, you're fine. Like I said, the light is now off. DE, of course I'm out of my extended warranty (even though I only have 26K on the clock)...don't you remember my steering wheel lock issue