View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 01:27 PM   #44 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Its a top secret project that I am currently about 70% confident I can complete. But I will not know for sure until I start prototyping it on the new CNC. But the projects goal is to give us an oil pump solution that will be able to handle 8-9k RPM without any real concerns. But I will add one detail right now... if I do complete this, there is going to be no way around it requiring very light modification to the nose of the crankshaft. Its an easy modification, but the crankshaft will require removing. This means engine out, timing covers and chains off. You can get the crank out with the heads on and leave the pistons and rods in there... but unless youre an NA car, you might as well do the pistons and rods once youre this deep.

I will probably start posting about it in January.