View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 09:39 PM   #92 (permalink)
antennahead
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '07 Z4 "M" Roadster
antennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan93rsa View Post
I have owned a 370Z and it is the best bang for the buck in it's price range. I currently have an '09' Cayman S with PDK, PASM and Sport Chrono Plus. Having driven both cars on the track and street I give the nod to the Cayman. At higher limits there is more confidence in the Cayman. With the PDK set to Sport Plus it is an amazing transmission. The 370 6 speed with rev match is a great product but it can't do what the PDK can on track.

You'll be north of $70k by the time you tick off the options on the Cayman, about double the 370Z. So is it worth it? I'd say the average person would say no. But if it doesn't bother you to spend the extra the Cayman is fun both on and off the track with great fit and finish thrown in.

However, you can take a sport/touring 6 speed 370Z toss in $10-15K of the savings and have a rocket with at least $20k left in your pocket. It just gets down to what you value. It's nice to have choices.

Good friend of mine had a Caymen S for a while and it is a great machine. It is nice to have choices

John