View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 09:00 AM   #25 (permalink)
GSS138
Track Member

Drives: '12 370Z 6M Sport
GSS138 is a jewel in the roughGSS138 is a jewel in the roughGSS138 is a jewel in the rough

Based on what phunk said might even run a bit of positive camber if you can.

Also, I would expect that the problem with 500+ hp beast on this car would be wheel spin. That basically means you are traction limited, since you never want to limit HP, you have two ways of fixing it:

1. More vertical load at launch. Particularly difficult in a car that has a 54/46 F/R weight imbalance on OEM suspension. That's why I ask for corner weights. The only real option on OEM suspension is to move some weight to the back.

2. You can increase your tire radius. Use a lightweight. 18" wheel as suggested and get a big fat tire on there that has a rolling radius of > 1 foot 24"-26" or whatever fits. This will help balance out the "too much torque at launch" problem.

Once that problem is solved there are lots of other options to reduce time. But that is paramount.

Phunk , do the big squishy tires really allow for enough front-back weight transfer that you don't need to soften up suspension? I'm asking I have no first hand knowledge of dragging this car. Are you saying the problem is that if too much load is transferred , this car cambers out too far and you lose grip? How about starting at positive camber?