View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 03:15 PM   #63 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Might as well turn this into a grammar/spelling nazi thread
While that was meant to be (and taken as) a joke, let me emphasize that this thread was not meant to demand perfect spelling/grammar. Wasn't meant to demand anything at all, hence the "Suggestions" in the title. In this particular case, it was pretty easy to figure out what was meant and the rest of the comment was readable, so I chalked it up to a typo and went on. But, yeah, spelling/grammar errors in a thread complaining about spelling/grammar errors are rather humorous.

I was only trying to point out that people will be better able to communicate if they try to use proper English (or whatever language their audience is using). I hope my suggestions for avoiding the most common errors I've noticed will help someone. Yeah, I realize that those that need it the most are the least likely to read it (or act on it if they do read it) but it made me feel better to type it out.

My intent was certainly not to muster a Grammar Nazi Posse to correct minor errors. We all make errors, whether through carelessness or ignorance. All I'm asking is that people try to write something that others can understand. I'm not trying to force anyone to use proper English - I can always put the worst offenders on my ignore list if I feel like it - I'm just trying to help them get the car help they want by effectively describing the problem and/or asking questions that make sense.

Whew! I figured this thread would get a few comments but nothing like this.