View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 02:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
GalletGun
Base Member

Drives: 2013 Nissan 370Z
GalletGun is on a distinguished road
Default Ahhh! I can not decide!

Trying to decide between Kicker RS55.2 or Polk MM6501 components. Both can be had for $200 brand new.

Trying to find the best bang for the buck while on a budget build. These two seem like the top two contenders. Did alot of research.

The polks have alot of positive reviews. Shallow magnet and silk tweeters are a plus. I have no experience with silk but i hear they make less harsh highs. I like that bc my ears can be sensitive. Im worried about losing detail however. My firsr comp wer e hertz hsk165 comp, the teteron tweeter was incredibily clear but woukd get harsh at times. Probably didnt help they were on axis to my face.

The kickers are constructed very similar to the hertz with a teteron tweeter. I know what to expect with harshness. However, i will be mounting the tweeter in the stock location so they will be off axis. That may help. Plus the top mounting depth of the mid is only about 2.5 inches so it shouldnt have clearance issues. Cant find much feedback on these on the net, but the few i did findsaid they are incredibly powerful and ssound great.

Since im going with an off axis approach am i better off going with the teteron tweeter for better sound production without being too harsh or are silk tweeters still better?

Which one would yall pick if using stock mounting locations for best sound stage. Ill be feeding about atkeast 150 watts rms to the either component.
GalletGun is offline   Reply With Quote