View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 02:57 PM   #57 (permalink)
Apollo8642
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z Nismo #280
Apollo8642 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKE_STR View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I too never ran into the fuel starve issue before this last event. However, I finally had an alignment that allowed me to build the grip that the car had been missing before. No doubt about it, I experienced 2-3 second fuel starve with just under 1/3 a tank and 1 second fuel starve with just over a half a tank.

The 3134 isn't that bad.. But that was with heavy wheels, my super heavy bride seat rails, and I still haven't touched the floating rotors that are available. The Z1 rotors shave 10lbs a corner (front).

The biggest savings by far was the custom 3" single exhaust.
I think we have gotten hung up on trying to lighten the cars up, and at least for me, I had a brain fart on an important aspect here. I was talking to my old crew chief last night about my car's weight, and this thread. He reminded me that not all weight isn't bad, it's where you put it that counts. He also went on to remind me about how much lead we put in some of the cars to balance them out, and some times we would throw 150lbs+ of lead bolted to the frame or rollcage depending on the track. That also reminded me that I usually added weight to S-chassis Nissans when I blancing and setting them up. (It's been a few years, I forget stuff)

What are these floating rotors that your talking about, and are you running the Akebono calipers right now?

Do you know how much was the weight saving on the exhaust?

Last edited by Apollo8642; 11-12-2013 at 03:00 PM.
Apollo8642 is offline   Reply With Quote