View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 05:19 PM   #49 (permalink)
cossie1600
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370, Leaf
cossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond repute

I do want to add that now that I have some track time and commute time on it. I want to add a few more things in this discussion. For price reason, I elected the RS3 in the size I did. If you can avoid it, do your best to avoid a small tire like the ones I am running (285/35/18). They have the tendency to cause the car to scrap everything as they are just too small. With the smaller tires, 2nd gear can get very interesting too as I get a massive amount of wheelspin if I were to punch it off the corner. Of course wheelspins lead to overheated diff and all other sorts of problems.
Another thing that is super obvious to me is that the RS3 can handle way more heat and abuse than the RE11. In a way, they remind me of a compound like the Toyo RA1s. Since they are so similar to a R compound, feel on them are absolutely terrible. With the RE11, you know when you are on edge and it will just plow or push as you hit it (The RE11 wasn’t even great either, but RS3 is way worse in response). With the RS3, I do notice the car tends to just snap as they hit the traction limit. I almost $hit my pants a few times when the backend started stepping out.
Lastly, it seems to me the RE11 likes higher tire pressure compare to the RS3. With the RE11, I was around the high 30s cold where the RS3 likes it in the low 30s. Obviously everyone’s driving and opinions are going to be different, but that’s just what I observed and I feel comfortable with it.
cossie1600 is offline   Reply With Quote