View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 02:47 PM   #55 (permalink)
MIKE_STR
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370z
MIKE_STR has a spectacular aura aboutMIKE_STR has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo8642 View Post
Okay thanks synolimit for posting more useless stuff, let get back on subject shall we.

Mike_STR why do you need to run a full tank of gas? I haven't had any issue with full starvation of any kind, but I race autoX at about 3/8th full tank, and haven't gone below 1/4 tank in a event, where I hear you start having issues, what are your thoughts on that, and plans to install the fix for the issue?

Now if I've done the math right, by running at 3/8 of a tank of gas you save 72.117lbs that means 43.270lbs in tank fuel weight. That's going off that we have a 19 gal. tank, fuel weighs in at 6.073lbs per gallon, and a full tank of gas weighs in at 115.387lbs (math isn't my strongest point so please correct me if i'm wrong)

I've lightly gone over the STR rules, and it seems like you can't do to much to bring down the weight unless you want to start cheating. So that 3134lbs you've gotten your car down to seem really pretty impressive.
Thanks for the feedback. I too never ran into the fuel starve issue before this last event. However, I finally had an alignment that allowed me to build the grip that the car had been missing before. No doubt about it, I experienced 2-3 second fuel starve with just under 1/3 a tank and 1 second fuel starve with just over a half a tank.

The 3134 isn't that bad.. But that was with heavy wheels, my super heavy bride seat rails, and I still haven't touched the floating rotors that are available. The Z1 rotors shave 10lbs a corner (front).

The biggest savings by far was the custom 3" single exhaust.