View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 01:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
speedfreek
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 370Z PW 6sp
speedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant future

I disagree. It is good to get the OE glass sure, but depending on your insurance it is likely not covered. In my case I could of paid my deductible and the insurance would pick up the rest if getting OE glass.

Instead I searched around locally for a shop I would trust with the task. I have OEE glass which is Original Equipment Equivalent. The glass the shop I went to used Pilkington glass which is OE glass for other car manufacturers and since I paid out of pocket it was considerably less than going the OE route. Some companies that you will get subbed out to such as Safelite will use sub par glass. Safelite I believe makes their own. Stick with OE or OEE glass and you will be fine. Just do your research and find a shop you can trust.