View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 09:23 AM   #7 (permalink)
TopgunZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 06 350Z , 09 370Z MT
TopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond repute

You don't need to buy an expensive car PC. Just buy a used tablet off ebay or CL. Then download the dashcommand app and install it in your cubby if you don't have nav. I did this all for $100!!

All you need is a cheap tablet (that fits). I went with an older (2011) style since it never is going to be taken out of the car pretty much. Get the $25 obdII Bluetooth reader and some magnets. DONE!

Carefull about 2 things. Buy neodydmium magnets as the ceramic ones from home depot aren't strong enough..learned that the hard way. Also, make sure the tablet you buy is Open Source or you wont be able to get dash command. Kindle, nook and those media based tablets don't have the app. accessible.

Lets just say I was looking at spending around $600 to get what I got for $100 and now I also have the capabilities of google maps to see where traffic is and can order a movie online and watch it on a road trip.
TopgunZ is offline   Reply With Quote