View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 12:21 AM   #15 (permalink)
axmea?
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: WELL ZED PW 6MT
axmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond repute
Default AeroJacket Installed -- March 2013

So after hitting the curb in Feb 2013, I contacted ShineAutoProject and got a quote from Kenny, called Aerojacket and spoke with Rick, and even considered a Zele replica from a vendor who is no longer around - LCR Autoweerks. I did not like the idea of hacking off the Zele bumper or the FI exhaust because of the fitment issue so stayed away from it. I know Amplified Motorsport hacked a zele kit to match it up with the owner's existing exhaust fit but I did not like how it looked. It looked like the plastic melted around the exhaust tips. Tony from FI did not recommend hacking his exhaust so I passed. It was disappointing because I liked how it looked but it just would not work. I got a great price though.

I decided on picking up AeroJacket's kit. Rick said he'd call once the pcs are made and ready for installation. I picked up the Sunline replica made by AeroJacket.
  • Spoiler
  • Skirts
  • Spats
  • CF fenders with mesh
  • GT Wing

Contacted Rick he took the car to his shop. It stayed there for about a week. Bad weather slowed the process. It was cold and moist during that time.

Here are some pix at AeroJacket's shop in Gardena. Bumper is off. I should have cleaned the air filters while it was off. Took another 5 months before I cleaned it.

[IMG]
20130206_193555 by axmea?, on Flickr[/IMG]

Pieces painted. No clear yet. I did not like the white mesh.

[IMG]
20130205_160618 by axmea?, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]
20130205_160611 by axmea?, on Flickr[/IMG]

Spats Installed. What are those tools that they're using to keep 'em attached while curing. No idea but that thing worked. No issues with gaps at all.
[IMG]
20130206_193540 by axmea?, on Flickr[/IMG]

Spoiler installed onto the bumper. Should be blacked out. I like the dark and wide opening look. This does not do it for me. I'll do it myself later.

[IMG]
20130206_193606 by axmea?, on Flickr[/IMG]

Stepping out of the shop. Car looks different and transformed. It is coming off as I imagined.

[IMG]
20130207_153059 by axmea?, on Flickr[/IMG]

Sweet mama. Those fenders.....(and no wide gaps baby). I do not like how the mesh was painted white. It should be blacked out. I'll do it myself sometime. Mesh is also made out of plastic instead of metal. I'll change it out sometime when I get the drive to do it. Looks fine for now

[IMG]
20130207_153113 by axmea?, on Flickr[/IMG]

Delivered. First time I saw it and it looked magnificent. From this angle, it could use some wheels. So Happy with the transformation. Now it looks way better than just with the front spoiler and nothing else. It really finished off the car. Looks very nice in my opinion. I also like the simple touches of CF on the fenders, to the B-Pillars (courtesy of EVO-R), to the CF Wing. Not over done and just right for my taste.

[IMG]
20130207_202512 by axmea?, on Flickr[/IMG]

Took it to Solvang and Sta. Ynez for some wine tasting and it snapped necks and attracted on lookers. I like how it turned out.

>MyZ's Album< NISMO Convert/ECUTEK/Takeda CAI/F.I. HFC NR CB Carbon/F.I. 34 Row Oil Cooler/4.08 Final Drive /Powertrix+Swifts/Hotchkis/SPL/Whiteline/TWM/Zoom Engineering/EVO-R/AeroJacket Vented CF Fenders + CF Spoiler/Avant Garde-WORK/NST/Morimoto Halo/STi Clear Lenses/Carbon Signal Automotive/RJM Performance/ZSpeed Clutch Flywheel CSC delete

Last edited by axmea?; 11-12-2013 at 12:57 AM.
axmea? is offline   Reply With Quote