View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 10:14 PM   #21 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
Not the best solution but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Orange & Black = ground. One of those will be the switched side of the switch. In this case, that wire will be grounded, too. With a meter, you could measure resistance to ground and verify. To tell which one is the switch, you need an ohmmeter or continuity checker.
Green. That will be the wire from the BCM.
Lt Blue = illumination. If the light is normally on with the dash lights (I haven't noticed mine), then I think you got that one right, too. It would be nice to be able to check the voltage as the dash lights are adjusted to confirm this.

Grn/Wht & Blk/Yel = ground. See above.
Drk Blue. Same as Lt Blue above.
Blk/Red. Should be coming from the BCM but I haven't look at the schematic so it may be Ign.

A cheap multimeter from the auto parts store (or WalMart, or Radio Shack, or ...) will be good enough for what you are doing and they can be found for $5-20.
Yeah I know haha.

So do the grounds matter being one switch and one not?

I'll buy a meter but I guess I'm planning to..

Green=12v prong on switch
Lt blue=LED prong on switch
Orange and black or just one or the other=ground prong on switch

Grn/Wht and Blk/Yel or just one or the other=ground prong on switch
Drk Blue=LED prong on switch
Blk/Red=12v prong on switch

Last edited by synolimit; 11-10-2013 at 10:17 PM.
synolimit is offline   Reply With Quote