View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 08:42 PM   #18 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
No I mean the new switch has a led prong, ground prong, and 12v/power prong. I'd only be hooking the existing wires to the new switch.

So to start and be safe...hook the middle 2 wires to the new switch marked ground and 12v. Only thing is my plug isn't labeled with numbers and my wires are different colors. Ill do some testing first I guess.
Ah. Sorry about the confusion.

Should be pretty easy to verify the stock wiring. One of the wires (the one from the BCM) should be hot (12V) and the associated ground wire should have continuity to ground. For the light, one of the wires should have 12V (possible pulsing) when the flashers are turned on and the associated ground wire should have continuity to ground.
You can check the grounds with the car off. I think the BCM power to the switch is on all the time (so you can operated the flashers when the car is off).