View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 03:39 AM   #9 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post

The "clock" sensor is mounted in front of the radiator, just a little off-center to the right.
How sure are you on this? I wanna move that thing and the bar it's mounted too but if its a air bag thing I don't want to touch it!

I think you're over thinking this. First off the car was designed to work so if it was an issue the car wouldn't have been released. Also, that time is probably not long enough. The engine can stay warm a very long time. And the block will "breath" while shut off into the manifold and intake tubes etc. that rubber is basically insulation and the filter can act as a blanket. Check again after 24 hrs and not in a garage, I'd like to see. Also, if the sensors weren't mounted in the intake tube like the MAF is, than it's not apples to apples really. Last the IAT doesn't change AFR. At certain temp points the ecu will pull timing to prevent knock, not fuel.

Last edited by synolimit; 11-10-2013 at 04:15 AM.
synolimit is offline   Reply With Quote