View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 04:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
bigaudiofanat
Car Audio Installer

Drives: 2012 Infiniti G37x
bigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Yahoo to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Skype™ to bigaudiofanat

Quote:
Originally Posted by peleincubus View Post
Thanks yes he is. I have read a lot of threads and in many of them he throws down a ton of great info.

I have been reading about the jl cleansweep seems promising (although I read something a separate audio knob or something) and it looks like you can put a single amp big enough to power a sub and 2 higher wattage speakers under a seat.

Still a lot to figure out though. For instance can you still use the volume on the steering wheel with this setup. But that is what the forum is for I suppose.
RUN for your ever loving life from the crappy clean sweep! And here is why, While other DSP's and LOC's allow you to change the volume through the head unit. The Clean sweep calibrates itself to one volume setting off your head unit, from that point on you MUST use a little volume knob that comes with the clean sweep to control volume. It's pretty much the stupidest thing I have seen. I even talked to Jl directly at Cedia this past year about it. You can use a simple LOC like the audio control LCi6 to allow you to add new amps. If you want to go with a DSP I would recommend looking at the JBL MS8 for more control over the EQ settings as well as time alignment.
https://www.facebook.com/Dynamicmobileaudio/
bigaudiofanat is offline   Reply With Quote