View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 12:47 PM   #37 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashburn View Post
I've already taken it to the dealer I bought it from once, and that has gotten me to where I am now. At this point, I'm done taking it to them, since it is a two hour drive, one way. If this is a manufacturing defect, which it is, then Nissan Corporate should be at least as willing to work with me as the original dealer.
Most relationships between manufacturer's and dealers are exclusive - otherwise, the manufacturer would be overwhelmed with calls and service requests without the means to support them.

Your best approach is to go through the dealer, and see if they'll refer you to a bodyshop that is more local to you, or, give you a vehicle to drive while they get yours fixed.

2 hour drive is a pain, but, if it fixes the problem at no cost to you (other than drive time), then that's better than paying for your car to be repaired.

To be honest, I doubt that Nissan will deal with the issue directly with you, short of the dealership giving them the OK and being a supporting agency...at best (short of that) is that Nissan has an established relationship with another dealer who is willing to work with you, or, they have something with an autobody shop that they've done work with in the past...

It will require some effort by you no matter which way you go, just take the path that creates the least waves and you'll likely come out better off...ie, start a fire only when you have no choice.
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote