View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 11:46 AM   #26 (permalink)
flashburn
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 Corvette GS 6M
flashburn is just really niceflashburn is just really niceflashburn is just really niceflashburn is just really niceflashburn is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannibul View Post
Best approach is to let them see what you're talking about and see how they want to resolve it.

Let them spin their wheels at their expense, but, also make sure they know your expectations up-front.

The dealership took my Z due to a chip in the hood, and had it touched up and had the whole hood re-cleared. End result is you'd never know it was there.

In your case, a proper sanding and new clear, would likely fix it, or if they need to go down to primer to fix it, then so be it. One way or another they'll have to fix it, just for the dealership, it might be cheaper to offer a new car to you instead, rather than fix it due to profit-losses on repairing something like this.
I think this is the approach I am going to take. If they only need to do a wetsand + new clear coat, then I would accept that solution, but I definitely won't accept a repainting.

When I talk to them today, I'll just let my expectations be known, and push hard on getting someone to properly diagnose what is wrong, and what their solution would be to fix it.
flashburn is offline   Reply With Quote